When you are striving for the best, with a number of things going on such as family in hospital, vision changes, the end of the academic year, crowds at Christmas, public transport, PhD oral examination and thesis amendments, co-chairing, marking, several conference presentations and a lot of deadlines / submissions to journals simultaneously it is sometimes hard to see the wood from the trees or in other words the positive in some situations.
As a reminder to myself that there is positive out there – I have put together a synopsis of my 2019 achievements to remind myself. Collating them like this has helped me to see the big picture.
- Paid Work
- Lecturer (Full Time) at Auckland University of Technology
- Volunteer Work
- Area Youth Manager (St John Youth) – resigned late 2019
- Course Coordinator (St John Youth) – current
- Completed, submitted and defended my PhD
The Robyn Carr Cup for Excellence in Nursing Informatics 2019 awarded at Digital Health Week.
Appointments and Memberships
- Member of AUT Academy
- Member of the ASIELITE / SOTeL Mobile Learning Special Interest Group
- Health Informatics
- Member Health Informatics NZ (HiNZ)
- Co-Chair Clinical Case Studies at Digital Health Week (HiNZ)
- Executive HiNZ Nursing Special Interest Group
- Member of the Australasian College of Health Informatics
- NZ Exam Committee – Certified Health Informatics Australasia
- Country Representative (NZ) – Student and Emerging Professionals Special Interest Group for International Medical Informatics Association
- Member Clinical Informatics Leadership Network
- Member of the Nursing Research Section NZNO
eAllied Health –What does it mean to be digitally competent clinician
Health Informatics NZ – What nurse educators want to assist them develop a nursing workforce for the future: Nursing Informatics Competencies for New Zealand Nurses (presented with Michelle Honey and Emma Collins)
- Child Health
- Member of the Order of St John (Queens Honour – MStJ)
eHealth Nursing – Challenges and enablers nurse educators face teaching nursing informatics (presented with Michelle Honey)
- ASCILITE and SOTEL Mobile Learning Group Webinar
NZ Woman’s Weekly Article – click to see the full story.
#alttextforall – look under our services for my video.
- Social Media has gone a little viral on Facebook with more than 12,000 hits
- Reviewer Clinical Case Studies and Scientific Submissions for Digital Health Week (HiNZ)
- Reviewer Journal of Clinical Nursing
- Reviewer Emergency Medicine Journal
- Reviewer Emergency Medicine Australasia
- Reviewer PM&R: The journal of injury, function and rehabilitation