When you are striving for the best, with some things going on such as family in the hospital, vision changes, the end of the academic year, crowds at Christmas, public transport, PhD oral examination and thesis amendments, co-chairing, marking, several conference presentations and a lot of deadlines/submissions to journals simultaneously it is sometimes hard to see the wood from the trees or in other words the positive in some situations.
As a reminder that there is a positive out there – I have put together a synopsis of my 2019 achievements to remind myself. Collating them like this has helped me to see the big picture.
- Paid Work
- Lecturer (Full Time) at Auckland University of Technology
- Volunteer Work
- Area Youth Manager (St John Youth) – resigned late 2019
- Course Coordinator (St John Youth) – current
- Completed, submitted and defended my PhD
The Robyn Carr Cup for Excellence in Nursing Informatics 2019 was awarded at Digital Health Week.
Appointments and Memberships
- Member of AUT Academy
- Member of the ASIELITE / SOTeL Mobile Learning Special Interest Group
- Health Informatics
- Member Health Informatics NZ (HiNZ)
- Co-Chair Clinical Case Studies at Digital Health Week (HiNZ)
- Executive HiNZ Nursing Special Interest Group
- Member of the Australasian College of Health Informatics
- NZ Exam Committee – Certified Health Informatics Australasia
- Country Representative (NZ) – Student and Emerging Professionals Special Interest Group for International Medical Informatics Association
- Member Clinical Informatics Leadership Network
- Member of the Nursing Research Section NZNO
eAllied Health –What does it mean to be a digitally competent clinician
Health Informatics NZ – What nurse educators want to assist them in developing a nursing workforce for the future: Nursing Informatics Competencies for New Zealand Nurses (presented with Michelle Honey and Emma Collins)
- Child Health
- Member of the Order of St John (Queens Honour – MStJ)
eHealth Nursing – Challenges and enablers nurse educators face teaching nursing informatics (presented with Michelle Honey)
- ASCILITE and SOTEL Mobile Learning Group Webinar
NZ Woman’s Weekly Article – click to see the full story.
#alttextforall – look under our services for my video.
- Social Media has gone a little viral on Facebook with more than 12,000 hits
- Reviewer Clinical Case Studies and Scientific Submissions for Digital Health Week (HiNZ)
- Reviewer Journal of Clinical Nursing
- Reviewer Emergency Medicine Journal
- Reviewer Emergency Medicine Australasia
- Reviewer PM&R: The journal of injury, function and rehabilitation